Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan P1
Regular MemberPosts: 269
Like?
Greater Yellowstone Winter Suggestions
Nov 15, 2011

My son and I have traveled Yellowstone/Glacier/Montana fairly extensively on photo safaris over the last few years. This June, he is going into the Marines, so we're going to squeeze one more trip in this winter. We have relatives in Livingston, MT, so we'll use that as our base, but I'd like travel suggestions from experienced winter travelers in the Greater Yellowstone/Montana area. We've made one winter trip to the area (an overnight in Mammoth, a few days in Livingston), and this trip we'll have a couple of weeks or so.

Again, we know our way around very well--in the warmer months . We're just looking for hidden winter treasures, best times weather-wise, travel suggestions (snowmobile trips, for example)--that sort of thing. Is going to Old Faithful area a winter must? What of the other park areas? Photography is our primary goal

This is rather a bittersweet trip. My son and I have had many, many good times traveling together, and this will be our last trip for who knows how long.

Thanks for your help.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow