Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AOKH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,470Gear list
Like?
RAID 0 config problem
Nov 15, 2011

Hi! Seeking some advice as I am exploring a RAID 0 setup for my new Dell XPS 8300. I am running WIN 7 64bit Home Premium and have the OS and programs installed on a 240GB SSD. MB is Intel H67. I have installed two additional 1.5TB drives that I would like to use for data only in a RAID 0 configuration, for editing video and image files (not for storage, as I have several external drives for back-ups).

I tried going into BIOS to change the SATA Mode from AHCI to RAID (Aptio Setup Utility> Advanced> SATA Mode> RAID), but the computer will not boot up normally (had to reset it). I also tried the CTRL-I option to open the Intel RAID configuration utility, but it seems it is only possible to do a RAID on the primary drive (I want to leave the SSD (with the OS and programs) unchanged and only do a RAID 0 on the two new data drives (1.5TB each). I am hoping I may have missed something.

I am out of ideas, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Unfortunately, the Dell manual is useless (no mention of RAID), and I cannot seem to find anything useful from Intel. Thanks in advance!

AOKH's gear list:AOKH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow