Started Nov 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,721
Like?
Leica APSC ILC
Nov 14, 2011

Was a time when 'Leica APSC ILC' would just be gibberish to me, but now I see those letters and instantly think uh oh for the GXR M-mount! Sorry if people have already seen/heard this report from a few months ago but I only just saw it myself:

http://www.popphoto.com/interchangeable-lens-compact/2011/06/leica-to-reveal-new-compact-system-camera-photokina-2012

So perhaps this might be part of Ricoh's equations when they decide the future direction of the GXR and roadmap. Will they be expecting the success of their M-mount module to drop off as M lens owners return to the fold when Leica release their own version? And so will they be considering a contingency 'Plan B' and so all our discussions about an AF K-mount or even m4/3 (if they buy Olympus) or full frame unit may not be too fanciful after all.

I have to say the most fanciful thing I've read for a while though is Leica joining the m4/3 consortium and rebadging the Panasonic GX1 camera just like they did with the LX5 and the other P&S one too.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow