External Flash with 580ex possible with the X10?

Started Nov 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevin Chao
Regular MemberPosts: 252Gear list
Like?
External Flash with 580ex possible with the X10?
Nov 14, 2011

i wasn't sure if it would work, but i tried it anyways, i attached a pocket wizard mini TT to the X10, and with a 580ex with attached to a Flex TT5...

to my amazement, whenever i switched the mode dial, it would trigger the flash..

however, when i hit the shutter, it wouldn't do anything... so i'm thinking SOMETHING is going on here...

is it even possible to get this set-up to work? or any external flash (580ex's in particular) as a matter of fact?

thanks!

on a side note:

i'm really enjoying this camera, it's my first point & shoot in a looong while... shooting with an LCD screen is gonna take a little getting used to, but so far so good..

only problem i encountered, was the image produced wouldn't match what i saw on the LCD in the auto modes (under exposed, by a lot) a quick restart of the camera fixed the issue, but i'm wondering if it's a common problem. (or it could be me needing to get used to the settings.)

Kevin Chao's gear list:Kevin Chao's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +2 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow