Got Tablet? How do you use it with a DSLR?

Started Nov 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
fdxx
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Tablets are not good enough yet
In reply to Johnrr44, Nov 14, 2011

I've been looking for a tablet for some time.
I need the tablet to do 2 functions

1- utilize the big screen for fine adjustment while using TS-E lenses, and hopefully remotely control the camera
2- offloading the cards to hard media (i take 2 backups)

for the first function, android or windows tables will do fine. For android, there is an application out there. For windows, canon applications are good, provided that screen resolution is 1024x768.

For the second requirement, I would need at least 2 real USB ports. One to attach a card reader, the other for a portable disk. The internal storage capacities of tablets are not enough for backup purposes. They are usually around 32G but with the OS and applications, not enough storage to dump my 32G cards.

Android tables usually lack the USB ports. Some of the windows tables have the ports and screen resolution, but windows 7 is not really touch screen oriented, people say it does not work as well as the android ones in this aspect. I will wait until win8, and also follow new android tables and see if canon ports its application to android.
No tablet is good enough for me yet.
--
M.F.Demirhan

fdxx's gear list:fdxx's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow