Ultrawide angle for A77 - what to choose?

Started Nov 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
holyfan
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Re: Ultrawide angle for A77 - what to choose?
In reply to PaulSnowcat, Nov 14, 2011

I tried a sigma 8-16mm on my Sony A77, although Sigma did not include the 8-16mm amongst the list of lenses that were incompatible with A77/A65, I found that the copy of 8-16mm I had was slow to autofocus and hunts a lot (when comparing to my other lenses such as the 16-50ssm, 70-200 tamron, 50/1.8 sam) the hunting back and forth of the Sigma hsm motor caused the whole lense to shake and would even hunt for 5-11 seconds sometimes before it locks on eventually. So you might want to test the sigma 8-16 lens before you make the purchase.

the 8-16 also is a very slow lens, so you will have to use external flash if you plan to shoot indoors. The built-in flash will not be wide enough to cover the ultra-wide angle.

the sigma 10-20/3.5 has bad reviews from some of the websites I've seen, so now I'm planning to get the tokina 11-16 so I can hand-held shoot in doors without always using the external flash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow