Ultrawide angle for A77 - what to choose?

Started Nov 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
PhillipA
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,505
Like?
Sigma 8-16 for me.
In reply to PaulSnowcat, Nov 14, 2011

I recently changed from a Tokina 11-16 (which is an excellent lens) to a Sigma 8-16 - for my Canon APS-C bodies (7D and 60D).

IMHO the Sigma is not only considerably wider, but also sharper at the edges and shows less CA than the Tokina.

I have recently added a Sony A65 as my eyesight has been damaged by brain surgery and I thought I would see if the EVF would help me. I think the EVF is a bit brighter than the 60D with an equivalent lens (though not as much as has been touted in the reviews).

The advantage the Sony does give me is the ability to review the image in the EVF, as I can't evaluate it properly on the LCD any more.

To this end I will probably sell my 60D and Canon-mount Sigma 8-16 and by a Sony mount version.

As for it being usefull - I think it opens up new photographic possibilities that no other UWA gives on a crop camera. I've even used the 8-16 on my NEX5 with an adapter to great advantage.
--

Judge: ' This image may be better in black and white - perhaps even just black! '

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow