Prairie Landscapes + One Garage (11 photos)

Started Nov 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DarylK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,590Gear list
Like?
Prairie Landscapes + One Garage (11 photos)
Nov 14, 2011

This last weekend I traveled to Central Nebraska (north of Burwell) to go deer hunting. Good fortune for me (not the buck) early on day 1 allowed me to stop thinking about hunting deer and instead focus on hunting landscapes. Below are what I believe to be the better shots "bagged" this weekend. Comments, critiques and questions are welcome. The first 4 shots were taken Saturday on the hunting grounds. The remainder are from the trip back to Omaha on Sunday afternoon.

It's interesting - I used to think that the plains were completely boring. However, as I've aged, I've realized that there is a subtle beauty to them - the trick being able to see it, appreciate it and find a way to photgraph it in an interesting way. It's the latter that I'm not trying to master (if that's possible).

-- hide signature --

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak. " - Daniel Whitney (aka Larry the Cable Guy)

DarylK's gear list:DarylK's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow