Started Nov 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 31,911Gear list
Like?
A bold move Panasonic could do - a note for Panasonic
Nov 13, 2011

So looks like I am not the only one that seems a bit underwhelmed with the GX1 announcement. It seems in a way more of the same doesn't it?

Not that I was thinking about buying one but here's an idea for you Panasonic- since I understand you read these forums.

Consider making one of the following:

• an 8 megapixel GX1BW - a black and white only camera. No AA filter. Big photosites with great DR and noise performance. And work on that JPEG engine to simulate a few B&W film types. Your dynamic B&W and Grainy Film modes (LX3/LX5) are the best part of your JPEG engine, expand on that.

• the LX7BW model- a 6 megapixel sensor. Same concept as above otherwise, but like the LX5. The sensor should be at least 2/3' sized, maybe like Nikon 1's 1'.

• the prime LX7BWP - just like above but instead of putting in a zoom lens, it's saddled with a prime. Maybe go out of your way and do a set of primes for it and make it another mount even. The sensor should be at least 2/3' sized, maybe like the Nikon 1'.

A true B&W camera with excellent DR and good ISO performance would sell amongst the enthusiast crowd. You will get a lot of press for being different and if you made this camera I would buy in the next hour .

Just a thought.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow