New Samsung Roadmap including another pancake. Where's Sony's?

Started Oct 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
sroute
Senior MemberPosts: 2,459
Like?
Re: Agree - pancakes, smchmancakes...
In reply to RRJackson, Nov 13, 2011

I love pancakes.

Hmnn. Time to wake up the family and start the Sunday morning buttermilk pancake ritual.

On topic, personally I don't care much about "pancake" style lenses. What I might consider short, pancake lovers might consider long. It'd be nice to have a 22 - 25mm lens that didn't protrude too far from the NEX body such that the entire camera/lens can slip into a very narrow bag for carting around. There are some M mount rangefinder lenses that fit the bill - those plus a M-NEX adapter don't amount to an ungainly overall lens length. Certainly it'd be nice to have that for AF lens likers in a native E mount, but with the Zeiss 24mm in the line up somehow I doubt that will be a priority. A 30-35mm "pancake" lens such as has been rumoured makes sense as a next step, although I likely wouldn't buy it myself.

Sure, some folks choose cameras based on lens length but not all of us do. Different strokes for different folks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow