Started Nov 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
astonehouse
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
My thoughts after handling the GX1
Nov 12, 2011

I just got back from the London preview event where I played around with the GX1 with a few different lenses (25mm, 14-42x, 14-42 standard and the 40-175x). It feels like a well build body and the orientation sensor looks like a really handy feature. The user interface seems to have been streamlined slightly and it was snappier opening menus compared to the G3. I like the button devoted to switching focus modes. The 14-42x lens suffered from the blurriness at full zoom, and it felt a bit odd shooting with the 40-175 at full zoom but that's probably just because I'm used to the EVF on my G3. I asked them at the store what the trade in value of my G3 with 14-42 lens would be; worked out to £190 as a trade in against the GX1, hardly worth it but I may try and sell mine privately when the GX1 comes out.. The PENs sitting in the window did seem to be more 'aesthetically pleasing' though..

astonehouse's gear list:astonehouse's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow