SX40 HS - Minor Irritation (long exposures, ISO locked to 100)

Started Nov 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Beefy_SAFC
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
SX40 HS - Minor Irritation (long exposures, ISO locked to 100)
Nov 12, 2011

After alot of deliberation, I opted for an SX40 HS over the Panasonic FZ150. My decision was based upon being able to get up to 35x optical zoom without using an extra teleconvertor. I decided to accept the slightly slower burst mode operation reachable from the Scenes mode option.

I've been having a play around with the camera and been playing with the longer exposures. I've discovered that once you slow shutter speed to anything between 1 second and 15 seconds, ISO becomes locked to 100 and you cannot raise ISO above that. This did not happen on the older SX30 IS.

Anyone kow if there's a way round this? I'd like to try 15 seconds at ISO 200 and ISO 400.

I've still a Panasonic TZ8 as a second camera, so I can still use the Starry Sky and Night modes on that if necessary. It's not a major issue as such because of this.

Still annoying though and this tips things in favour of the TZ8 for low light situations.

-- hide signature --

Ian (alias 'Beefy')
-----------------------------------------------
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tibet/

Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 (Lumix DMC-TZ8)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow