Started Nov 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thejapanexperience
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Swapped Nikon for Sony. Very Happy
Nov 12, 2011

Hi. I got an a55 in the summer and was lucky to get an A77 Kit + Grip + Battery for a great price from a sony centre in london. These two cameras make a great combo, especially with a little help from Black Rapid.

I have been very impressed with the 77. I used to own both a D7000 and a D5100 and am much happier since I've changed. I put that down to a couple of things. The 77's super cool articulating LCD (vs fixed on the D7000) and the Sony IBIS. I've very quickly built up a nice set of lenses and knowing that they are all stabilised is a huge factor for anyone considering Sony.

Comparing IQ, I would say there is a bit of a trade-off in noise but the IBIS and the EVF make up for this. Even the 55 EVF is preferable to the D7000 OVF as far as I'm concerned. Also, the 24 megapixels of the 77 go a long way when cropping.

My current kit is 77/55
Sony 16-50 (very sharp, very solid)
Sony 35 1.8
Sony 50 1.4 (picked up for £130 on ebay!)
Tamron 70-200 (great, great lens)
Tamron 90 2.8
Sigma 8-16

Here are a few recent shots for your perusal. Feedback welcome.

Richard

Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow