Started Nov 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AnakChan
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
A brief play with the Lumix DMC-GX1
Nov 12, 2011

I had a brief play with the DMC-GX1 today. I must say that I'm -sold- on it. Will definitely be picking one up when it's released. So coming from a GF1, the GX1 feels more solid and robust in the hands despite a welcoming smaller size.

I've not been a fan of touch screens replacing physical buttons but in the GX1's case, the touch screen is very nice to use. e.g. I'd still use the buttons on the left for menu options but when it comes to selecting the focusing point, I can tap on the touch screen for that (BTW, if the GF2 & GF3 had this I wasn't aware 'cos i completely skipped those models).

I also like the horizon level meter which I'd probably find extremely useful. As for focusing speeds, the continuous AF is quite fast in refocusing - now my GF1 really feels ancient compared to this.

The other accessory I played with was the EVF2 and it's much improved from the EVF1. This is what Panasonic should have released in the first place!!

Overall, for those like me who have been sitting waiting for a decent GF1 replacement, this definitely is it. I'm actually glad I didn't switch to the Olympus EP-3 offering and waited for this.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow