Started Nov 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glenn Haley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127
Like?
Back to Fuji Repair Again For Over Exposures
Nov 11, 2011

Sent my X100 in for the over exposure problem in September. The returned repair form said “Adjusted, cleaned, inspected. Performed firmware update” The new firmware was the same as when I sent it in.

My daughter returned with the camera from a trip to Washington DC and it looks like the same problem has happened again. Although the camera was set for full auto, Aperture “A” and Speed “A” and Auto ISO, lots photos were over exposed. Many over exposed photos were the first of a series where the rest had normal exposure. At other times the whole series was over exposed. She always checked the Exposure Compensation dial before shooting because mine is very easy to turn by accident. All the shots taken in low light like museums were just fine.

The repair agent I talked to said they only had two or three cameras returned for a second time and that my lens and aperture assembly had been replaced on the first trip. At least this time they are paying for shipping.

I’m beginning to think there may be more to the problem then just replacing the lens assembly after the same problem returned just two months after the first repair.

I’ve lost faith in the camera and in Fuji who has not announced a Recall about the "Sticky Lens Problem". I don’t want to sell the camera because I don’t want to pass off a problem camera to someone else. I’ll take the loss and will be shopping around for a replacement camera I can trust. So in the meantime it’s back to my trusty old Canon 5D and the bulky, heavy gadget bag.

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow