Ever just take a 4/3rds system and leave the big DSLR guns at home?

Started Nov 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
robonrome
Senior MemberPosts: 1,155Gear list
Like?
Re: Ever just take a 4/3rds system and leave the big DSLR guns at home?
In reply to herebefore, Nov 11, 2011

thanks All, I shouldn't be surprised given this is a M43 forum, but it's still staggering the difference in views expressed here (an I should say expressed with reason and thought underpinned by experience) compared to when I posted the same query on a popular Canon forum. Of the dozen or so replies I got there, only one suggested taking the m43 instead of my DSLRs....most were utterly aghast at the suggestion of leaving behind my 5D2 and taking something so far below this as an m43 camera, to some it bordered on heresy. I was told I would regret it.

I'm pretty sure there's no right answer for everyone. I know my own weaknesses, however, and one of them is that my focus on gear selection is often at the expense of the creative process of photography. I was hoping here to restrict my choices and hence take the gear out of the equation and thus force me to concentrate on the picture - going just with the m43 kit would seem a step toward that goal. Only problem is I'm already collecting a bunch of lenses for the m43 so may have to do a cull even on that kit before setting off

keeping the 5D2 out of the bag is the current plan, but it's sneaky and may still climb in during a weak moment later in the week

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow