ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpix345
Contributing MemberPosts: 621Gear list
Like?
Minor quibbles with the X10
Nov 11, 2011

I've been an X10 owner for

The on/off lens turn thing. Seemed OK to me when I was reading about it, but so far I am not thrilled with it. The zoom is smooth, but it sort of feels like I am forcing it when I turn camera off or on. Maybe that's intentional, to avoid accidental ons or offs, but it just feels strange right now. It doesn't click or snap in to on/off position, just sort of plows through it.

The thumb grip on back of camera is not in a great spot for me. I'd prefer it be flipped with the AEL button and scroll wheel, as I really can't comfortably keep my thumb in a straight position along edge of camera. I'll have to see how quickly I get used to this. Might not matter much in a few days.

The scroll wheel is very loose and easy to move accidentally. This is aggravated by my thumb always wandering over to the wheel. It sounds like Fuji tightened up the mode and EC dials on the X10 vs the X100. It seems strange that the scroll wheel didn't get the same treatment.

That's all I've got for now. I'd be curious to know how others find the on/off transition and the scroll wheel. I'll definitely be spending some quality time shooting tomorrow. I've been very impressed with quick shots of my messy kitchen and junk on the bookshelf in my office. But I didn't buy a $600 camera for that sort of nonsense.

mpix345's gear list:mpix345's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Nikon Coolpix P510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow