Ever just take a 4/3rds system and leave the big DSLR guns at home?

Started Nov 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
WoodWorks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,338
Like?
...and one step farther
In reply to papillon_65, Nov 10, 2011

This past summer I took an off-road motorcycle trip eastbound along the old transcontinental rail bed through Nevada and Utah, and then back west along what remains of the old Pony Express trail, and left all my camera gear at home, documenting the whole trip with nothing but my iPhone 4.

I'm not recommending this for anyone else, mind you. And certainly not for a trip to the Himalayas. But the freedom from worry about damage or loss to expensive camera gear was refreshing and freeing. And in a strange way, the limitations of the iPhone forced me to see things in a different way, which made the photographic experience all the more interesting to me. And yes, I did come back with some good images.

If the images you intend to take are for the enjoyment of you and your friends and family, I say leave the bulky and heavy gear at home. Yes, there may be one or two instances where the limitations of your ยต4/3s gear will make you regret your choice. But I bet that 99.9% of the time, you won't miss it at all.

David
--
It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow