Eye-Fi Pro X2 8Gig - Any Long Term Successes in 5DMKII?

Started Nov 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,404Gear list
Like?
Eye-Fi Pro X2 8Gig - Any Long Term Successes in 5DMKII?
Nov 10, 2011

I got one working and tested on and off for a few months.

When I put it in my production flow it worked for a couple of weekends and then the write in the camera slowed way down. I benched it for a couple of weeks but made another attempt after a couple customers commented they missed the quick uploads. It was still slow and a bit worrisome as such. On the seond night I got an error 20, a write error.

My card is now headed to Eye-Fi and they plan to replace it.

I'd like to hear from 5D MKII owners out there that are happy with the Eye-Fi Pro X2 8G after several months of usage.

If there's none I may need to eBay off the card to someone who owns a camera with an SD slot. Eye-Fi tech support appeared to be aware of this issue when using the card adapted into the 5D MKII.

The 1DX has two CF slots, so the SD slot has been pulled on the high end.
--
Phil Agur

5DMKII - 7D Dual Body Bag - Go 'L' and don't look back!

Got 7D? See http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3167

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow