7D at ISO 6400

Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Peter 13
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,301
Like?
Re: You're right, he's trolling
In reply to Daniel Lee Taylor, Nov 10, 2011

Daniel Lee Taylor wrote:

He just quoted Imatest definitions which agree 100% with what I told him earlier, and which specifically point out the difference between sharpness and resolution. They were darn near word for word what I've written before. Yet he still doesn't get it.

You are the only one who keeps talking about sharpness vs. resolution. So you are basically arguing with yourself and keep winning and losing at the same time. You invented the legend that I am talking about sharpness, not resolution and keep beating that dead horse.

I told you - choose any reasonable measure of resolution. MTF20 (what DXO does), MTF 5-10 (Imatest for extinction resolution) or MTF50 (PZ) or whatever. Anything that can be measured. Then I will tell you what the difference is. I am neutral. It is your choice.

What part of this don't you understand? There are three reputable sites, they all talk about resolution , they all use MTFxx to define and measure it with different xx ranging from 5 to 50. You are the only one here talking about sharpness. You are right, you are wrong to do this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow