need help, blurry spots

Started Nov 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,621Gear list
Like?
Re: need help, blurry spots
In reply to kristi1127, Nov 10, 2011

The picture we all get is something on the sensor. We've seen it many times. Besides dust, moisture condensation can also do that if you have taken the camera through a change in temperature. From a warm house out into the cold for example. If you are lucky, this can evaporate and the camera be fine afterwards.

Another thing... don't shoot it green box auto mode. That makes the camera decide what it wants to focus on and often will pick something of high contrast that you didn't intend. Switch to P mode and use the green box in the center of the screen. Then YOU can control where you want the camera to focus.

Try some more test shots with the above... Best of luck.

kristi1127 wrote:

I have a G11 and I must have changed a setting at some point but I really don't know. I now have blurry spots in my photos. Also, in some evening shots the headlights or shiny bumper of a car were so bright that it was the focus of the picture when it wasn't supposed to be. Thanks for the help in advance!

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow