Is NR off in the NX200 RAW/jpg test shots?

Started Nov 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
koboloy
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Is NR off in the NX200 RAW/jpg test shots?
Nov 10, 2011

Hi there!

I have the NX200 and the first thing I did was to go through the menu and turn the NR OFF. My comparison between jpg and raw files showed minimal difference in detail and sharpness within moderate ISO range, so I suspect that the camera's NR is doing big damage to the jpg engine output.(perhaps even to RAW) I am not telling you that the RAW isn't better than the jpg, but what I saw on dpreview's first jpg test was not in comparison of my experiences with the camera.

Has it been confirmed by dpreview if the NR was on or off during the RAW and jpg shots?

It's a great little camera, and a pleassure to bring everywhere. I now more often leave my 5d2 at home and bring the NX200 with the 20-50 instead. I am sure with a fast pancake prime it would be even better.

My only complain is the lack of (even optional)EVF & the lack of silent shutter(for close up street photography). It is of course more silent than most DSLR's but look for example at the fuji X100: completely silent!

The video quality and possibilities in the NX200 are also very good!

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix X100 Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow