ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dario D
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Lumix GH1 w' Rode Pinmic?
Nov 9, 2011

Hi, all.

My Rode Pinmic (link below) isn't doing anything when plugged into my GH1. Since the Rode Micon 2 adapter is too big for the mic port, I have a 2.5mm adapter. (Nokia AD-61)
http://www.rodemic.com/mics/pinmic

Any ideas? The mic works when plugged into my computer (without the Nokia adapter). I'd like to test the Nokia adapter on something else, to make sure it's working, but I don't have anything that takes it. Am I overlooking an incompatible spec? Is this an issue with phantom power?

Looks like the GH1 provides at least 1.5v (not sure exactly how much), and the specs of the Pinmic say this:

"Power Options: P48 through MiCon-5 adaptor, 2V~5V through all other MiCon adaptors".

Not exactly sure what that's saying. I need 2V-5V, since I'm using a Micon2? The manual and online specs pages don't mention the mic port's power output, as far as I can tell.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow