Started Nov 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JCC123
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Who's disappointed with the X10?
Nov 9, 2011

I got the X10 after much consideration and anticipation. I even stupidly put my GF1 on eBay in order to pay for one. Well, I have to say that I'm disappointed.

First, the focusing is not nearly as consistent as the GF1. Speed wise I would say it's a touch slower than the GF1 but the real problem is that it will not consistently focus like the GF1. So, if you try to take shot after shot of something in quick succession you'll be sorely disappointed like me. The GF1, a two year old camera, does much better.

The other thing I don't like is the inconsistent functions of the camera. For example, I have the AFL/AEL set to AFL on/off. I have the same setting on my GF1 which always worked the same way. If I push it, it will lock on whatever it is that I want to focusing on which lets me to move the framing around. Now, the X10 will not do that. It will not lock or work at all sometimes when I push it. I don't know if it's because different camera modes A, P, EXP etc have different modes for that but that doesn't make any sense that it would. Sometimes it would seem to work in certain modes, other times it won't. I still can't figure out the rhyme or reason. At first I bought it was because I had the face detection turned on, but then it didn't work when I had it turned off either.

Lastly, I don't think the resolution is all that great. I have the settings for jpg at the highest. All of the jpgs come in under 5MB. If I view them in iPhoto on my 15" macbook pro, you can clearly see the purple fringing on many of the photos. The GF1 has non of that. Although I have to admit that the GF1 jogs are usually up to 50% larger at around 6MB.

I don't think that I received a defective unit? But I'm sorry that I sold my GF1. I maybe be going back to m4/3s…I just hate the Panasonic colors. Perhaps an Oly? I like the Fuji colors best. What's the rumor going around about a larger sensor changeable lens Fuji camera next year?

Anyone one else find the performance of the X10 not up to the hype?

JCC123's gear list:JCC123's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow