DA15 : Alright fellas, this better be good.

Started Nov 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Murdey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,431Gear list
Like?
DA15 : Alright fellas, this better be good.
Nov 9, 2011

So my DA15 arrived in the mail this lunchtime. I got a reasonably good deal as the front screw in lens cap had a couple of scratches.

Essentially I'm trading my Nikon-mount Tokina 12-24 F4 for this, so I will be most displeased at all of you people on the forum praising the DA15 if it turns out dpreview was right and "you'd be better off getting the Tokina/Pentax 12-24" since my Tokina cost me less than what I paid for the DA15.

You know who you are. Consider yourself warned.

The Tokina is an exceptionally capable lens, built well, handles well, fairly compact, useful zoom range, sharp, well corrected. Yet one I failed to fall in love with. Never really grabbed me as being anything more than a useful tool. It's also a bit too big for me as a walkabout lens. So I am predisposed to the DA15 for it's size alone, and I'm hoping it will have a bit more in the way of "wow" factor. It better...

Richard Murdey's gear list:Richard Murdey's gear list
Nikon D40 Pentax K10D Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow