Sigma's international warranty not valid in Australia..?

Started Nov 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hiki08
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Sigma's international warranty not valid in Australia..?
Nov 9, 2011

I'm having real trouble with Sigma's "international warranty" after having bought a backward focusing 30 f/1.4 lens overseas several months back. It was proper stock there, but then I brought it back to Australia the next day and when I played around a bit more, the OOF became apparent. I called Australia's distributor CRKennedy and have been told Sigma doesn't pay them to fix lenses which are not distributed by them and I'd need to pay AUD$90 for the focus adjustment.

How is this international warranty?

Besides from sending it back to the place of purchase (international postage) or bringing it to the local Sigma distributor where I bought it, any other options or ways to get Sigma Australia to fix the lens without paying 1/4 of the price of a new lens?

(I did come across a post about a chap sending it back to NY from Norway.. but that's back in 2008. Has nothing changed? http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1027&message=28030814&changemode=1 )

Cheers!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow