ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paschalis
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
New Kr, and a peculiar thing
Nov 8, 2011

Hello everyone,
I just got my new Kr, for a 2nd Pentax body after my K5.

First impressions are rather mixed; it seems that there isn't any serious ff issue under tungten light (SN starting from 41, firmware 1.00) .
But unfortunately:

a) I noticed a peculiar thing; something "heavy" is clearly moving inside the body when I turn it to the left or the right.. no matter if a lens is mounted or not. To say it with other words, it seems that a great part of the "inner" body is moving to the direction that I move the camera (left or right, up or down).
I wonder if someone else has the same experience, or a clue what this means..

Is it a good idea to return the camera back and ask for an exchange with a new Kr or live with this "problem"?

b) And one more thing: As I attached the Tamron 18-250mm in the Kr, I noticed that the noise of focusing was terrible, compared with Tamron 28-75mm, Pentax 10-17mm mounted on Kr, and terrible (nut somehow comparable) compared with the Tamron 18-250mm mounted on K5.
Is this "screaming" AF noise of the Tamron 18-250mm on Kr normal?
I appreciate your help, thank you in advance
Paschalis

Read more at:

Pentax K-5 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow