Started Nov 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ozarktroutfisher
Contributing MemberPosts: 533Gear list
Like?
G12 Exposure Comp Wheel
Nov 8, 2011

I recently purchased a G12 and am very pleased with it. Great camera with a great feature set and I have no complaints. I'm a Nikon SLR user but have been generally unhappy with their PS offerings for some time, mostly because they just don't seem to acquire focus in dim lighting. The G12 does really well in this regard. Also I have to have the swivel screen to be able to get various shots of equipment details, etc in very awkward and sometimes dangerous positions where there would be no chance to frame the required shot conventionally.

The only issue that I have, and it's purely because of the way I use it, is that I'll occasionally bump the exposure comp wheel and I'm curious if there's a way to disable that feature??

I'm a consulting engineer for large sawmills and try to keep the camera inside something like a jacket pocket for protection because the mills are pretty nasty environments. Also I'm not shooting anything except documentation type shots and frankly am paying more attention to staying out of harm's way than the image in the viewfinder or screen when I take the shot; so I don't always notice it until I get back into the office.

Again no complaints, just curious if someone knows a way to diasble that dial.

Oh and Canon, a faster lens and start at 24mm in the G13.............. wow, put me in line for the first one of those! We all have different needs, but a 24 - 70 or 80mm, f2 - f4 lens in that camera would be incredible.

Thanks,
Keith

Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow