Started Nov 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Seth Gray
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Fuji possibly still producing x100s with bad apertures
Nov 8, 2011

After a disappointing used experience where the seller sold me an x100 with the sticky aperture I decided to jump on one of the new batches of the x100. About 70 shots in and I've got the same problem on the new cam. Old cam 13A, new cam 14A. I assumed buying new in Nov would mean that I was safe. Boy was I not. This is a really poor reflection on the quality control practices at Fujifilm.

Bought through Amazon LLC Nov 3, so I assume it should be a new batch and not just some back stock.

Its really frustrating because I couldn't even get time with either camera to get used to the cams other nuances (coming from a D200 - the use is not super intuitive). Those nuances are negatives in my mind at the moment. Admittedly there are certain disadvantages to mirrorless compared to DSLR, and you just have to get used to working around those. I didn't get time to work with it so the whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. If I could just have gotten a thousand or so photos under my belt with it in good operating order I might have a different opinion of the cam even when it failed. I could tell that with time the nuances would probably become standard operating procedure.

I told myself I'd wait until Fujifilm made some kind of statement regarding fixing the issue. I wish I had listened to myself.

Seth Gray's gear list:Seth Gray's gear list
Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WaitNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow