Started Nov 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
morganb
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Hard to decide: A65 or NEX-5n
Nov 8, 2011

I know i need to make a decision soon on one of these.

I love the look and size of the NEX-5n and appreciate its low light capabilities as i take a lot of concert photo's and sunset photo's. but it lacks a handful of features that annoy me. AE Bracketting, & no timer in drive mode are to start. I have been enjoying creating some HDR images so i was hoping to expand this with my next camera.

The A65 seems to have a couple annoyances like the no timer in drive mode but I think it offers some better AE bracketing (correct me if im wrong) and loads in other features like geotagging (gps) and other stuff. im concerned about its low light abilities as its SLT, and same size sensor with more pixels (compared to the 5n).

my goals are to have a camera on me a lot of the time. a huge lens assortment isnt a big deal to me and i'd like to try new techniques such as HDR, LONG exposures, etc, etc, etc.

knowing that can anyone add some insight to my purchasing?

morganb's gear list:morganb's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow