ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 34,026Gear list
Like?
Jimmy Saville's gold coffin
Nov 8, 2011

Jimmy Saville's gold coated coffin is on show today, see

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/08/jimmy-saville-s-funeral-star-s-gold-coffin-arrives-at-hotel-in-leeds-to-lie-in-state-115875-23546536/

I would just like to say that he was a good man, partly instrumental in fashioning my musical tastes, but always there on TV and radio with a smile and laugh. He also worked tirelessly for others who were sick in Stoke Mandeville Hospita, and had what seems to be a fairly uneventful and quiet private life.

I met him once at the Pop Poll Awards in the Waldorf Hotel probably about 1970. It was not like today's Pop and Rock award events where there are thousands of people, light shows, performances and TV. This was in one reception room in a hotel! Others there getting their gongs were Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac with Sandy Denny I think and Thunderclap Newman! Remember him?

He rarely courted controversy and I would say good luck and thanks to him wherever he is now.
Good Bye Jimmy
--
Julesarnia on twitter

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow