Started Nov 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Sills
Senior MemberPosts: 2,184Gear list
Like?
Truly Dissapointed...
Nov 8, 2011

...in all of you here complaining about the dealy of the NEX-7.

First, Sony did not mislead you. While I am certain there are a number of cameras which were made prior to the evacuation of the plant in Thailand, I am also certain that it is no where near enough to fulfill world-wide demand.

Second, I am also certain that Sony has been working madly to put together a plan to release these cameras in an equitable fashion to those who have per-orders. The problem is that require a tremendous amount of coordination and world-wide support. Ths is not easy.

Third, those of you who are upset because an "automated" system told you you would have your camera next week, and now you won't, have a right to be Dissapointed. However, you act like this was personal. Remember, you don't have a camera this week, because tens of thousands of people in Thailand, who thought only a few months ago that they would have homes this week - don't!

Guys, it's a camera, it looks like a very good camera. If it is a very good camera, then it is one worth waiting for. If you can't wait, then the 5n is plentiful on the market and takes wonderful photos. Nifty you can wait, then you will be rewarded, hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Look, you already know that you aren't buying another Micro 4/3 camera - you sure aren't buying the new Sony mirrorless - who knows what Fuji has,but it will haves a hell of a time gaining market traction, no matter how good it is, so you are stuck with a decision: wait for the NEX-7,or if you can afford it, go get the Leica M9 and quit belly-achingq!

Goof things come to those who wait,
--
Peter Sills
Digital Focus
http://www.digitalfocus.net
http://www.focusstudios.com

Peter Sills's gear list:Peter Sills's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9-P Fujifilm X-E1 Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +4 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow