Started Nov 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary Eickmeier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,457
Like?
I Confess I Don't Get RAW
Nov 8, 2011

I just tried RAW with my a35. I installed the Image Data Converter from the Sony disc and opened up a few images. They are in the ARW format, and will not open in my Photoshop CS4. Is there a plug-in update for these files?

Anyway, the IDC pretty much sucks. Very difficult to work with. I opened some shots that were purposely done with a wrong white balance, to see how wonderfully I could correct it in RAW afterward. Tried the eyedropper on white and grey areas, got horred results. Tried sharpening, couldn't tell that I did much. Couldn't find Levels.

The RAW that I am used to opens in Photoshop or Elements already corrected to a great extent by the auto functions of the program, so that all you have to do is touch it up a little. This RAW opened just as the camera shot it. Nor did RAW look any better than the JPG I shot along with it.

Can someone show mercy and clue me in on how to process RAW with Sony cameras, especially the a35?

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Sony SLT-A35
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow