Olympus Ep 3 or Sony Nex 5n or??? Advice please.

Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iseolt
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Olympus Ep 3 or Sony Nex 5n or??? Advice please.
Nov 7, 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a Dslr with many lenses. Big, heavy, bulky (I'm a tiny person). I don't always want to lug it around (but I do). I also have a Panasonic LX3 which I bought when it came out. Love it. Don't love the tiny zoom.

I also considered another body (different model) of my Dslr so I could have one with a lens and maybe the other with all my lensbaby lenses, but then again - too much equipment. I'm already dragged down with what I carry (I'm going to topple over soon if I even add one more memory card!).
--

So I'm in the market for something smaller, without giving up what I like.

I've been considering the Olympus EP 3 and Sony Nex 5N (and have read about Pentax, Nikon, Panasonic, etc.). My thinking is there is more variety in four thirds lenses than Sony. Nikon V1 seems too new and I haven't read that much on it. I would like a wide angle lens, long zoom and, of course, my beloved macro. The 'superzoom' variety of cameras is just not doing it for me. I shoot many portraits (children, which can be very active) and birding and macro). I like fast auto focus, quickly switching settings at whim, burst mode ( screen to not be black!) - fps is important, as well. IQ without a doubt utmost.

I already expect to hear some "that camera doesn't exist" comments LOL

I also live in a rural area where I can't just go try those cameras out.

Anyone wish to weigh in on this? Or maybe something is out there I am missing? Would like to get this going so I will be well familiar with everything for the holiday shots, etc.

A big Thank You for your input, I'm not usually so indecisive. Something usually just jumps out at me as I read online and go thru the magazines. (I'm also not 'brand attached' so "The Maker" isn't an issue for me.

Issy

Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow