Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,151Gear list
Like?
Help with Epson r2880 problem
Nov 7, 2011

My 2880 has suddenly lost it's mind. It seems like there is something wrong with the paper advance mechanism or something. When I print a page of text, I get a line of print just above the real line of print, only lighter, like a shadow. Also, somewhere about halfway through the page, the printer thinks it has a paper path jam and flashes the paper light. Pressing it does not eject the paper, it just moves forward a bit, the head goes back and forth, then it blinks again. You can continue this until the paper is finally out. I have tried virtually everything. I have tried resetting the print functions (I am on OS X, and this happens in both Snow Leopard and Lion), and I have tried removing the printer and re-installing it. I have tried the two button reset (hold the paper and ink buttons down while starting up the printer). I have unsintalled every piece of Epson software, then re-install. I really suspect it's something mechanical, and I suspect that it would cost more to fix than to replace. Any hope?

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow