Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,346Gear list
Like?
GX1 .... It does not move me.
Nov 7, 2011

I bought the GF1 and loved using it except for the LCD.. I hate composing at arms length.. I bought the EVF for the GF1 and while I found it useful I also hated the poor quality of that EVF.

I had high hopes for the GF2 but was let down and now the GX1 is just failing to move me in any way. I love the fast AF but that's about it. The lack of a built-in EVF is really a disapointment... as is the lack of an articulated LCD which can come in very handy at times.

It's almost like Panasonic had an "Ooops moment" and built the GX1 to address those of us who wanted a more robust GF1.. but they have missed the mark in my opinion. It will be perfect for some, as always.

Another thing... most of the sample photos I have seen from this camera have really been poor. When will camera companies learn to give the camera to a decent photographer and let them show us what it can do rather than some spare Panasonic employee or worse yet, a photo blogger who spends more time blogging than doing photography?

In a way I am glad the GX1 is less than I hoped for... I didn't really want or need another camera this year.
--
Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
Blog: http://boxedlight.com/blog

The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow