Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kirk Bauer
Regular MemberPosts: 280
Like?
Best photo print software?
Nov 7, 2011

I have an XP and OSX laptop. I have an Epson 1400 printer. I am just getting into printing my photos and have not found great software yet. I'm looking for something free or at least inexpensive (e.g. not Photoshop).

I use Bibble Pro 5 to post-process my photos but when it prints it moves the whole photo too far down on the page (even when printing to PDF). I use GIMP but I have never been able to fit photos onto a page properly with that.

My best success so far was to export from Bibble as a 8-bit TIFF and 1200 DPI, then open that up in iPhoto and crop it and print it there. I do seem to loose the edges of the photo based on how I cropped it, but I think that may be a result of printing borderless? I'm also not sure how to choose my color profile which will be important as I have ordered some nice sample pack of paper that have color profiles available for them.

Finally, it seems I need to zoom most of my pictures out when I take them because I have several pictures that I can't crop to 8x10 format (for example) without losing crucial portions of the pictures.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow