Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
woodyu388
Regular MemberPosts: 359
Like?
14-42 X Lens Hopelessly Blurry at 42mm
Nov 7, 2011

I saw a few of the other threads on this forum about the 14-42 X and the 45-175 X lenses and how they were not as sharp as some had hoped. I got my copy last week, and discovered that at 42mm, my copy is not only "not sharp," it is truly and hopelessly blurry. My cell phone camera could do better. I'm someone who usually thinks that there's way too much nitpicking done over lens sharpness, but this is just flat out awful. I should add that of the dozen or so images I took at 42mm, all but one came out horrendously blurry.

My copy looks a lot worse than what I've seen on the other thread about the 14-42 X sharpness, so I'm sending it back with the hope that a replacement will perform better.

Here are a few 100% crops. EXIF not included because I took screen shots out of Lightroom to generate these, but they were all between 1/100th and 1/200th, f5.6:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow