Anyone waiting for the upcoming 12-35 f/??? X (OIS HD Nano Coating) from Panasonic?

Started Nov 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
Menneisyys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,010
Like?
Re: Anyone waiting for the upcoming 12-35 f/??? X (OIS HD Nano Coating) from Panasoni
In reply to goshigoo, Nov 6, 2011

I'm most definitely waiting for a decent, bright (U)WA (starting at 24mm equiv) zoom lens for either the Sony E mount (NEX) or the m43. 24mm is REALLY important and, for the m43 at least, brightness as well.

If Pana indeed comes out with such a bright and wide zoom lens with Sony failing to create an E mount version of their new, excellent 16-50/2.8 SSM, I'll most definitely go for the m43. So far, I've stuck with quality enthusiast P&S cameras because of the complete lack of stabilized zooms starting at a real 24 mm. They suit my shooting style (mostly, "only" collecting travel memories) pretty good, but I'd prefer having better DR and high ISO.

goshigoo wrote:

looks like a game changer......GX1 + 12-35 f/2 will probably yield better IQ than NEX + 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 kit lens

heard that the aperture will be > f/2.8, not sure if it is f/2 or f/2.4 or f/2.5

hope the price will be around $1000 USD......

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I amNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow