NP-FW50 incompatible battery...Sony, why do you do these things?

Started Nov 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djd828
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
NP-FW50 incompatible battery...Sony, why do you do these things?
Nov 6, 2011

I noticed several threads concerning third party batteries not working with The Nex-5N so I decided to purchase an official Sony NP-FW50 for my 5N. Of course, trying to save a few bucks, I ordered from an Ebay seller. Sure enough, I get the incompatible battery message after a minute or two after inserting the battery. I am guessing that this is a Sony battery that was manufactured before the 5N was released. My question is why Sony would keep the same model number for a battery when it works in some camera's but not the newer 5N? They appear to be both rated the same and look the same.....differences in label printing but thats about it. At least put a version number on it somewhere. I knew I was taking a chance when I ordered it from Ebay but I had a bit more confidence in that it was a Sony branded battery.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow