Fuji just announced X-S1 2/3" 26x zoom

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
David247
Senior MemberPosts: 2,406Gear list
Like?
Re: Second "Mode" Dial?
In reply to SHood, Nov 5, 2011

SHood wrote:

My guess is that it is a control dial for whatever function that has been selected (ie. ISO, EV, etc)

21st Hermit wrote:

What do you make of the unmarked Second "Mode" Dial?

Correct, control dial, same as on the HS10 and 20. I like how the zoom lens is labeled in both actual and equivalent focal lengths when extended. Also like the 2 Function buttons and 3 custom settings along with a dedicated RAW button.

Only questions that remain is how will the image quality be, how much and will they avoid their past mistakes and not add in a ton of cheap tricks that make it a pain to use. Did notice that the control dial does not have a panorama position like on the HS10 (no loss as far as I'm concerned, as all the in camera panoramas I've seen are just too low rez to be useful or interesting. Much prefer stitching full rez images on the computer for a real pano). Eliminating that and the second SP position made room for 2 more custom positions. Looks like they are trying to make it adaptable for the enthusiast rather then dictating photographer preferences.

Watching and waiting to see what they actually deliver on all counts.

David247's gear list:David247's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Olympus E-510
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FZ30New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow