Started Nov 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevdog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,368Gear list
Like?
EPM1, Nikon J1 and Pany GF3
Nov 5, 2011

They had all 3 at Best Buy today. The olympus rep was there and let me play with an E-PM1 that was not on the tether. WOW, that thing is fast compared to the E-PL1. Focus and shooting happened so quick I was amazed. The button and menu layout seemed good and I could definitely see myself using it with no problems. Turn on SCP (which I use on my e520 to change settings most of the time anyway!) and you're good to go.

I was also surprised that the Nikon J1 was almost exactly the same size. Their demo model did not turn on, so I didn't get to play with it. Did not like the dial on the back and the buttons seemed in odd places.

The GF3 was also nice, but with the standard 14-42 is deeper than the E-PM1.

I think an E-PM1 is in my future and I'm looking for a good deal on it and hopefully a 40-150 lens and I'll have a decent travel kit for when I don't want to lug around the e520, but want a bit more than the XZ-1 gives me.

Kevdog's gear list:Kevdog's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Nikon 1 J1 Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow