Started Nov 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clk_walker
Senior MemberPosts: 1,045
Like?
5DII ISO6400 PP DXO & DPP Comparison
Nov 4, 2011

Just got the 5DII and shot a couple of indoor images at ISO6400 with 35mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4. I wanted to see how DPP would handle the noise and also take a look at DXO. I normally do not shoot much above ISO800 so typically noise is not a major issue. I was somewhat surprised by the results. I currently have a 20D and a 1DIV.

The first image is full size of the scene.

The next four images are 100% crops from the center AFP: Raw from camera, JPG from camera with high NR, my attempt at PP with DPP, finally PP with DXO using their builtin presets.

My PP with DPP is not meant to be the best that is possible. I normally do not spend alot of time PP because the images do not require it. But I wanted to see how the 5DII did at high ISOs and how DXO would do. I am pleased with the DXO results. Some detailed may have been compromised but given the preset nature I thought it did very well. Any feedback on DPP or DXO would be much appreciated.

-- hide signature --

A bird in the viewfinder is worth...

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow