Started Nov 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael919
Regular MemberPosts: 168
Like?
XZ-1 Limitations
Nov 3, 2011

I am trying to decide between the S100 and the XZ-1. It has come down to size versus image quality. I have seen some S100 sample pictures that have the type of quality that I would like, whereas I have consistently seen many XZ-1 samples that are simply outstanding. I have searched the web for hours and the XZ-1 is the clear IQ winner for my tastes. It consistently impresses me.

So I will need to make a decision whether that image quality is worth the size trade-off (and the need to shoot RAW to get the most out of time for best results). I don't care about video or GPS.

Where I'm still not clear, however, is under what shooting circumstances the higher ISO difficulty that the XZ-1 has would be a problem. Due to the great lens, it appears that the majority of shots in a variety of light conditions are ISO 100 and 200 with the odd 400 or 800. So when is the poor high ISO performance relative to the S95/100 ever an issue?

Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow