Is it possible to dislike the A77?

Started Nov 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
kiet
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
OK, It's me who's the idiot
In reply to sandy b, Nov 3, 2011

I think a few points are worth repeating:

1) I never said the A77 was a bad camera. I just happen to dislike it. I think 1500 shots is sufficient time to render an opinion about the design and UI. For those who said it's my fault that the UI doesn't work for me... this is true! It doesn't work for me but that doesn't make it superior to other DSLRs either. Here's an example, what the hell is the "?" button? At first I thought it stand for WTF? Then I realized it was "help" and thought OK it might be useful. I toggled between Auto and Auto+ and then pressed the ? button. It gave me no information. I pressed the Finder/LCD button and then the ? button. It gave me no information. I press the ? button twice hoping it will tell me what it really does. Again NOTHING. So I stand by my first assessment of WFT! correction, What A Fk'n useless button! Yes it does delete but they could have labeled it "delete" in white and "?" in blue.

2) On the subject of RAW I don't remember crappy RAW support for the Canon 5D mark I or Nikon D700 at launch so why does Sony get to get away with this?

So let me concede again that the A77 is the greatest camera EVER and it's my fault that I can't recognize the utter brilliance of the ? button. And I don't have enough patience to ponder the meaning of life (42) after each click of the dial. And I won't let my RAW files rot until a decent converter comes along.

kiet's gear list:kiet's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow