Started Nov 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sullitf
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Anyone sticking with the A700?
Nov 3, 2011

I've seen plenty of threads talking about why people are making the jump from the A700 or A580 to the A55/65/77, but how about those who are sticking with their trusty A700 (or A580 for that matter) and holding off on joining the SLT bandwagon? What are your reasons, and do you see value in the A700/580 that the SLTs don't offer?

I'm still going back and forth between what to get for my first dSLR. Depending on what day you ask its anything from the A35 to the A77 to a used A700. The A580 was on my list from the start, but getting a used A700 joined the list a few days ago (as if I need to be ADDING options to my decision). One of the huge draws for me to the A77 is the metal body, weather proofing, and full range of hardware controls (2 dials, joystick, etc). This is something I can't find outside of the A700 and A77, and though the A700 is 4 years old it still takes really good pictures and has good ISO performance. I don't really care too much about video, though it would be nice to have I guess. Same with the swivel screen, once I have it I probably wouldn't want to give it up but how long have photographers gotten by without it? Besides, I really just need a good camera to learn on that will be a solid backup body next year or the year after should I upgrade. Today is clearly an A700 day for me

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow