Where's all the S100 full reviews??

Started Oct 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
nj night rider
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Think twice before you buy the S100
In reply to DeePre, Nov 2, 2011

I'm returning the S100 pronto. In manual mode you cant use any ISO except 80 while taking a exposure longer than 1 second. This renders the camera useless as a time lapse instrument, I cant believe Canon would do this seeing it touts its S series as low light compact camera's. Also the fact with they just put a CMOS back on it, it just doesn't add up. Shame on you Canon, tech support said this is part of its system due to noise control, that a joke, Canon why are you doing this? Thank God for my 990 and S95 still on the move and cranking out great time exposures. The S100 is the greatest of all disappointments, just because of Canons censorship. Oh by the way the exact message is " ISO speed is limited due to slow shutter speed" Limited to 80 ISO, any one doing time exposures know this is the last setting you would use doing 1-15 second exposures, I guess they don't want photographers doing sunrises and sunsets, not to mention night shots at all, your a freaking joke Canon, fix it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow