Started Nov 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
Just testing a new toy :-) [img]
Nov 2, 2011

This little lens is absolutely superb - I wish I'd discovered the old PEN-F lenses earlier, before they started being eaten up by the mirrorless market.

As it happens I got lucky and found a lovely specimen at a sensible price, it arrived yesterday and the adapter today, so I had to try it out despite the dull weather.

Verdict: it could have been made for the NEX - sharp corner to corner and with absolutely no vices, particularly it has no visible CA or other fringing on high contrast edges, which is what I was looking for in this image.

Today I was the only bidder on another PEN-F lens - the 25/4 - from the same collector I bought this one from. He told me it's in even better condition than the 38/1.8, hard to believe (that's how good it is). Whether it's "better" than my Snapshot-Skopar remains to be seen, but I'm hoping it will avoid the need to use Cornerfix as I must do with the Voigtlander lens.

PS: the pair of lenses cost less than £200 between them, including delivery. I really don't understand ebay these days; the £100 lens I bought is far better than one I watched sell for £230 three days ago - that one didn't even have caps, mine has caps and original box. Weird.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT+1 aka BST]

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow