Started Nov 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elizabeth Klisiewicz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,397
Like?
Need suggestions on use of 77mm Limited with K-x
Nov 2, 2011

Greetings, I just picked up the 77mm Ltd last week after reading so many glowing reviews. It seems I cannot seem to get the knack for sharp photos with this lens. I have seen razor sharp photos, but I am not getting many. Granted, I have been shooting in low light for the past few days, but even photos outside in good light were not as sharp as I thought they would be.

I am setting the aperture to f/5.6 mostly, since that is usually the sweet spot for most lenses. I have been using either ISO 400 or ISO 800. My shots are all handheld so far.

I read the documentation and it said the closest focal length for sharpness is .7m, which is a bit over 2 feet away. Even at a distance, I am still getting softness where I don't want it.

I have not messed with the aperture ring. It is set on whatever the factory default is.

So please share your tips for using this lens, because I like its sturdy construction and light weight, and I like the 77mm range.

Thank you.
--
Gallery is online at eklisiewicz.smugmug.com
Pentax k-x, Panasonic FZ-18/FZ-50/LX-3

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow