Started Nov 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FlossTycoon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,871
Like?
S1,2,3,5 Wednesday thread, 2011.11.02
Nov 2, 2011

We got through October with no accidents, here is the first November post for us Fujifilm users who still like interchangeable lenses.

I'm going to reach back into my archives for a couple of images taken with the S3. I think the first may have been posted here before but if your memory is like mine no one will remember it.

Here are 3 horses and 1 mule. I wonder who is the alpha in the herd. I was out to try my hand at swan photography, inspired by Robert Spencer posts from Alaska which were common back in the day. I had the S3 and my Tamron 200mm-400mm f4 to give the longest reach and fastest aperture. As I was getting out of the vehicle to walk over the the Flathead River east of Paradise, MT these four four legged animals came over to investigate. I had no time to change lenses and the 200mm setting was almost too long to keep the four animals in the frame. When they got to the gate I walked over and much nose rubbing and ear scratching ensued.

Back in the days when the Federal Railroad Administration still allowed an employee to use a camera while at work I always carried. We were required to get off our train and roll by any trains we were meeting or getting over taken by. We were at Hope, ID as the sun came up for 3 trains coming at us. It was a beautiful sunrise until the first train came by and the heavy clouds came in. I had the 18mm-70mm Nikkor on the S3 and a small tripod with me so I decided to try some blur shots with the train dark against the sky. There is lots of highlight recovery in Photoshop to find the details in the clouds.

Welcome to November.

I am now the owner of a Verizon MiFi 4510L device. This takes a cell phone signal and establishes a WiFi hot spot to connect my computers to. This is what the Droid X did but the 4510 seems to have a far better antenna than the Droid. The new hardware also has an external antenna connection. Currently I have a truckers' cell antenna connected but I have a Wilson yagi directional antenna coming in. At least the internet is not nearly so frustrating as it was last week. Verizon has been selling services their infrastructure cannot support.

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoonNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow